One of my favorites, this book was written by Kathy-jo Wargin and published by Sleeping Bear Press. My interest in the 1790's to 1830's Great Lakes Fur Trade came in handy as I was able to call on several historian friends to ensure the accuracy of the paintings.
Available from your bookseller, or directly from me by clicking HERE.
1. "Jacques' mother pulled him close." oil on canvas
2. "The Rendezvous" oil on canvas Private Collection
3. "Marie danced while Edouard played fiddle." oil on canvas
4. "Ice grew like fingers from the edge of the lake." oil on canvas
5. "Travelling West to Grand Portage" oil on canvas Private Collection